For almost two years the functions of LDL have been subsumed into the oeprations of the Council
It is now three years since the Police opened up a major investigation into the running of Liverpool Direct Ltd and One Connect Lancashire. So Cllr Bill Winlow, the Leader of the Lib Dems on Lancashire County and I are asking Lancashire’s Police Commissioner to update the people of Lancashire and Liverpool on the current status of the case and when prosecutions might be expected.
We know that at one time last year there were 20 staff engaged on this investigation which was costing about £850,000 per year. We do need to know the complete costs for this and what progress is being made.
After three years we should be getting some idea of the progress being made on this case. We appreciate that it involves two of the largest councils in the Country and a major multi-national company but we believe that the facts must be brought both before the courts and the taxpayers of Lancashire and Liverpool as soon as possible
Cllr Bill Winlow can be contacted on 07977 504712
Cllr Richard Kemp can be contacted on 07885 626913
Below are the questions we are asking of the Police Commissioner for Lancashire
Extract from the letter to the Police Commissioner
Whilst we do not want to know any information which might prejudice any police action we would like to know:
- Is the investigation still ongoing?
- How many police and/or other staff are currently working on it?
- At is peak how many police/other staff were working on it?
- What the investigation has cost to date?
- If any matters have been passed to the Director of Public Prosecutions?
- Whether any further matters are intended to be sent to the Director of Public Prosecutions
- When it is anticipated that court cases might arise from this investigation?